Sunday 13 February 2011

Emails


It's been a great week this week for the dandelion project - without even planning it. On thursday I received this email:

Hello Rebecca


"...My mother was an artist and illustrator and whilst I was doing some casual research on the internet I noticed that one of your sources for the 'Dandelion Project' had been a book called 'Botany for fun' by Gareth H. Browning and illustrated by Cecile M. Driffield - my mother...."


The illustration i used on the blog was for Centre for Contemporary Art posted in Jan 2010.


We have exchanged a couple of emails and she has told me a little more about her mother. It's been so lovely to hear more and Cecile M Driffield was a really talented artist of beautiful illustrations. It's made my week.


So, here is another of her illustrations (of dandelions) from the same book Botany for Fun by Gareth H Browning published in 1938.

No comments:

Post a Comment